Sunday, June 21, 2009

Moving North a bit

20090621 - Moving North a bit.

You will have noticed that I was successful in posting the blog entries that I had accumulated over the past week.

I spent the morning at Long Lake Campground finishing these. Then I drove the few miles into Detroit Lakes and cruised the town for about half hour, just to get the feel of that attractive community, and hoping, a bit, to spy an espresso shop or stand. While at Long Lake I had perused some literature on this area, and called one of the resorts to secure an overnight in their RV spaces. The Rainbow Lodge is ~20 miles North on US59, then East on County Road 113, then South for a couple of miles after the well marked turnoff from CR113. It is a 4 season resort which could be very nice in any season, I think. However, it is currently living up to the 'rain' part of it's name. Rain started shortly after my arrival and has continued since then. So I have been organizing photos, doing laundry and looking over info on tomorrow's planned excursion to Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge.

This place does have Internet access, but no cell coverage.

No birding today.

No comments:

Post a Comment