Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hopeful again

Some developments:

The mechanic said the part has arrived and therefore I will be there tomorroow at 8:00 AM to help open the place up. If the installation does not take too long, I'll be off tomorrow in the PM. Else Saturday AM. I just need to put the toys in and load the refrigerator. I'm planning to head South on I-5, then over White Pass and East on US12 and would probably stop for the day just short of Yakima at some campgrounds I am familiar with there.

Patt firmed up her plans. She will fly to Great Falls on May 30, and return from there on May 8. We spent a while last night looking at good drives in the area for a week or so and found some promising ones. Then this AM I spotted an announcement for "Wings across the Big Sky", a birding festival in Great Falls running from June 5-7. It has some great trips and speakers (including David Sibley). Info at http://mtaudubon.org/birdwatching/festival.html#reg. Patt is attempting to reserve space on some of the choice field trips.

Given that, I need to contact Tim and arrange for him to join me on June 9 at Havre rather than Wolf Point.

So, I'm hopeful again that I will get off on this trip. Soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment