Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Off

20090520 -- I'm Off

The air conditioner repair went well, so I got the Rialta back yesterday evening. I reloaded the toys, Patt helped me stock up on food, and I cleaned up a few items around the house. Patt had a vet appointment for KaseyJones at 1:00, so I left about noon to clear the decks for her. Driving out I felt a bit apprehensive and homesick already. But Patt will join me in 10 days; she reminded me I had to get to Great Falls so there would be someone there to meet her.

South on I5 to US12. US 12 across White Pass, bare and dry with only traces of snow left in shaded areas. Descended to Yakima and continued along US12 into the Tri Cities area and the wine country around Benton City. North from Benton City to Horn Rapids County Park on SR225. ~248 miles total today.

I was directed to Horn Rapids County Park by the host at a commercial RV Campground just off US12 in Benton City. Only one other customer here although it has ~40 campsites. The county also has a shooting range and an airstrip for a radio controlled airplane club, and probably some other amenities here too. The Park borders the Hanford Reservation which is just to the West. It is mostly an open field with Cottonwood and Locust tree border. Nice (free) showers and clean restrooms.

I'm looking forward to Sunrise and some more Eastern WA birds tomorrow.

Birds: Killdeer, Black Billed Magpie, Bullock's Oriole, Western Meadowlark, Starling, Western Kingbird, Common Raven, Mourning Dove so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment