Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Status: Waiting

I pestered the mechanic today and was assured the Rialta part will be delivered tomorrow and that they will call me to come in immediately. In the meantime, I rechecked the toys, charged batterys and did some cleanup around the house and yard. I have not loaded the toys or cold food in the Rialta yet, prefering to keep the toys from visibility to the mechanic and possible overnight in the mechanic's parking lot.

I thought I had solved a problem -- trying to connect the sound recorder (firewire) with my laptop, which has a newer (and smaller) firewire socket. When I got back from the store, I found that there is another version (newer yet?) that is even smaller than the one I bought. I'll work on that more tomorrow, else downloading from the recorder will be cumbersome.

Tim has purchased his Amtrak ticket and will be at Wolf Point, Montana on June 9. He will jump off the train at an earlier stop if necessary, based on phone communication. Patt is exploring options including train and air to join me farther West in Montana on May 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment